Many people make New Year's resolutions, but what about romantic resolutions? Are you ready to transform your romantic life?
Enjoying love and romance shouldn't be reserved for special occasions like Valentine's Day. If you plan for it, you can enjoy 365 days of love and romance next year.
If you're not reading this page in December or January, don't worry! While resolutions are often made at the end of December, you can always make them any time of year! The important thing is to decide to improve your romantic life, and then to commit to your decision.
And don't worry... being romantic isn't painful, so it will be easy to stick to your romantic resolutions!
New Year Resolutions - Romantic Resolutions
Fortunately, making resolutions to maintain and improve your relationship rarely involves hard-to-keep promises and goals. After all, being romantic should be fun, right? Being romantic means being there for your partner and appreciating him/her in various ways. Here are a few ideas that you can use as part of your New Year's resolutions:
- The simplest of all: remember to say "I love you" at least once a day.
- Make time to talk and most importantly LISTEN to your partner every day. It doesn't have to be about anything special. It's about being there to share their life, happy and unhappy moments included.
- Make time to cuddle, kiss and enjoy physical contact. The healing effects of physical contact have long been documented. Something as simple as holding hands while walking, or giving your partner a hug first thing in the morning can really improve your partner's mood.
- Make rules in the bedroom like "We will not go to bed angry" or "We will not take work in the bedroom." If one of you is annoyed, it's important to communicate and openly discuss that issue. Always aim to resolve your issues together, and don't be afraid to compromise. Being in a relationship isn't about winning and losing; it's about finding a way to be happy while making your partner happy.
- Include a short note in your partner's lunch, briefcase or car on a weekly basis. It can become a fun game that will keep your partner guessing!
- Take a second to think about the importance of any issue before starting an argument. Is the issue really important to you? Would the happiness of your partner be more important? Like I said earlier, the goal is to both be happy, and sometimes it involves letting go...
- Bring home a romantic present just because you felt like it: a bouquet of flowers, a sinful chocolate bar or even some lingerie. These gifts are particularly well received when there is absolutely no reason for you to give them!
More Ideas for Romantic Holidays
These romantic resolutions were just the tip of the iceberg. You too can come up with your own list and don't forget to enjoy every little romantic moment in your holidays this year!
- Discover Romantic Christmas Ideas
- Enjoy Romantic Holidays Together
- Ideas for Romantic Christmas Gifts for Men